Flight Centre used Liam Richmond’s training and development expertise to create a customised in-house leadership development program for their senior management team. Flight Centre required a development program which focussed on preparing people leaders for the next step into General Manager (GM) positions.
Liam Richmond provided design, development and project management. The program is run over a twelve month period and includes a number of courses – each of which is designed to develop participants’ management and leadership ability in a specific functional area. Topics include sales, marketing, finance, human resources, strategic management and planning. Expert facilitators and guest speakers are brought in to present the courses, providing subject matter expertise, insight and best practice from other businesses and industries.
The leadership development program provides a number of benefits to participants and the Flight Centre business:
- Broader range of knowledge and skills across a number of functional areas
- Improved management & leadership capability
- Wider frame of reference enabling better decision making
- Set clear direction for departments and teams
- Initiate and drive positive change and improvement in the business