adidas chose to partner with Liam Richmond to develop the omni-channel shopping experience provided to their consumer customers (B2C) across the Pacific region. The objective was for adidas to provide their customers with an improved and seamless experience by implementing new tablet technology into their retail store network. For adidas to successfully deliver this strategy, retail store employees had to have the knowledge and skills to enable them to use the new technology from the word go.
What we did:
- Identified how retail sales professionals could use tablets and their functionality to provide a better omni-channel customer experience and maximise sales opportunities
- Integrated use of the tablet into adidas’ existing retail sales process
- Designed and developed a highly effective training solution
- Prepared store employees for the arrival of the new technology and the new additional sales capabilities being made available to them
- Provided employees with the language and sales techniques that enabled them to; provide an improved customer experience across the chosen shopping channel(s), convert more sales and reduce the number of lost sales
Results we achieved:
- Retail store staff were informed and motivated to use the new technology as soon as it was available to them
- Staff were well prepared and able to use the technology immediately with their customers
- No downtime between the launch of the technology and uptake by sales staff
- Improved the customer experience across multiple shopping channels
- The additional sales made using the technology exceeded the initial targets and expectations set by the business
Here’s what Ian Rodgers, Director eComm & IT, adidas Pacific had to say about our work:
“The result was an adoption of the technology and sales well in excess of the initial expectation. The project was ultimately a success for both customer satisfaction and providing additional useful tools for our retail stores to provide this to our consumers”.